Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A snag in the plans

Today I spoke with our liason at CHI regarding our dossier.  It looks like everything is complete except the I797 for that is required from USCIS.  She informed me that USCIS is taking 8 weeks or more to review applications.  We need fingerprinting also during this process.  This is all an issue because some of our documents expire by July 13.  The dossier needs to arrive in Colombia by June 10 in order to be translated and presented to ICBF, Colombia's family welfare system, by July 10.  That gets us under the wire.  But since USCIS seems to be taking it's time with processing we may not make our deadline before we need to begin some of our documents again.

I have to continually remind myself that this is the waiting period.  I can't move people into action.  I can't create a sense of urgency in others.  I have to sit and wait and know that God is in control.  He's got this in His hands and things will happen His way and in His timing because not only are we walking this path in faith, but in full dependence and obedience.  Our little one is also in His timing and I must remember that all things will work together to bring my little one to me in the right timing.  This is easier said than done.  Any faith journey is easier said than done.

As you work through your inclinations to pray for us, please pray for my ability to rely on Him, the diligence of the proper authorities and the flexibility and willingness of all the nice people that may have to do some documents over.

No comments:

Post a Comment